Tuesday 29 September 2015

Review of Indian Food Tours in Delhi

"“Awesome - rare experience - safe and most of all DELICIOUS” I went on a solo food tour with Raj. He is an experienced chef. Once I got over the traffic and the hustle and bustle of Chowndni Chowk (Old Delhi) I was in a foodies heaven. I had a list of things that I wanted to try beforehand. Most were satisfied. I felt safe and trusted Raj, with his experience of food and of course his attention to hygiene. Some of the dishes I tried on the trip - Daulat ki Chaat (heavenly), Chole Batura, heavenly puris and aloo, pumpkin curries, the most divine rose flavoured lassi - i HAVE EVER TASTED, gol gappa, paranthas, delicious falooda from gianis, rare rabri condensed milk sweet, fusion indian pasties, charcoal baked fresh biscuits, samosas from the gods, sweet chai and a light as air dipping biscuit, dahi bhalle. I listened with care when Raj went through some of the cultural history of Delhi 6. I really felt like a local who knew the best spots for chaat and other delights. Raj took me to a fine spice shop where I bought wonderful teas. If all that was not enough, Raj took me to the best Masala - Dhaba were I tasted fine tikka, deep flavoured curries including saag and delightful dried mint naans that were melt in the mouth. The place was Kake-da Hotel on Con naught place. In summary, the day was full on, and one of the highlights of my grateful time on earth. Next time I am in Delhi, I will do another tour, as there is so much more to explore, gastronomically and historically. I am very grateful to Raj, for introducing me to the wonders of the hindustan cuisine and people, such an ancient, rich and wonderful culture. http://ift.tt/1FA7tOA" #foodtour #foodwalk #tourism #india #food #delhi #travel #cooking #cookingclass
from Agra Food Tour http://ift.tt/1FA7tOA
Review of Indian Food Tours in Delhi

No comments:

Post a Comment